It is National Cupcake Week and with Bake Off back on our screens, it would be wrong not to celebrate, so we are bringing you a different cupcake recipe every day this week!
Who doesn’t love Biscoff biscuits? We’re kicking off cupcake week with an absolute doozy!
For the cakes
150g caster sugar
150g self-raising flour
½ tsp vanilla extract
For the buttercream
350g icing sugar
200g Lotus Biscoff spread, the smooth variety
10 Lotus biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a cupcake tin with 12 paper cake cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together, gradually adding the eggs, flour and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture into each of the cases making sure there is an equal amount in each one.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Start on the buttercream – mix together butter, icing sugar, milk and Biscoff spread. The longer you mix, the fluffier it becomes.
- When cupcakes are cooked and cooled, cut a small hole in the top of each one and put a small amount of the buttercream in each one.
- Cover the whole with the piece of sponge that was removed and pipe the remaining buttercream over each one.
- Finish off by adding a Lotus biscuit to each one for decoration.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for our next cupcake recipe!