If you struggle to get the kids up in time for breakfast before school, save time and make sure they get a good start to the day with these simple overnight oats!
This recipe makes 6 servings, so you can create tasty breakfasts for the whole family or even the whole week!
What you will need:
- 200g porridge oats
- 400ml coconut milk
- 150ml milk (any milk you like!)
- 1 apple grated
- 150g fruit – any you like, strawberries and raspberries work well.
- 1 tbsp milled chia seeds (optional)
- In a large bowl, add 200g of porridge oats, then top with 400ml coconut milk, if you want to, add the milled chia seeds and then finish off with the milk.
- Add 1 grated apple and the fruit of your choice and mix it all together, lightly crushing the fruit.
- Cover and chill overnight in the fridge. Mix again before serving and top with more fruit.
Not only is this suitable for anyone 12 months and over, but is tasty and filling, making it a perfect breakfast option! Make it in batches and keep it in the fridge or pack it into a Tupperware box for the kids to take with them!