This National Cupcake Week, we’ll be bringing you a different cupcake recipe every day! Today we’ve got Ice cream cone cupcakes! These cupcakes are housed in an ice cream cone rather than a cake case making them look a little bit more exciting and helping to give the illusion that summer is longer than it really is!
For the cake
12 ice cream cup cones with flat bottoms
1tsp vanilla extract
175g self-raising flour
For the buttercream
300g icing sugar
2tsp vanilla extract
Cadbury Flake for decoration
How to put them together:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and place the ice cream cones in the wholes of a muffin or cupcake tin.
- Mix together butter and sugar and beat in the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time
- Fold in the flour and then spoon into the cones, make sure the batter reaches the bottom of the cone and fill until three-quarters full.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes
- While they’re cooling make the butter cream, mix all the ingredients together for a couple of minutes until smooth and fluffy. Either use a spoon to apply to the buttercream to the top of the cakes or a piping bag to give it a Mr Whippy style look. Decorate with sprinkles and flakes or wafers.
- Serve them to the family and see them be delighted and confused when they realise this is a cake, not an ice cream!