This National Cupcake Week, we’ll be bringing you a different cupcake recipe every day! Today is the final day of recipes, so we’ve left the best for last, this one is for all the parents out there! Why should the kids have all the fun, our final cupcakes of the week are for you and your parent friends!
For the cake
175g caster sugar
175g self-raising flour
2 large eggs
1 lime (you’ll need the zest)
2tbsp tonic water
For the icing
375g icing sugar
1 Lime to decorate
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a cake tin with paper cake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar and grate in lime zest
- Add the eggs one at a time, then fold in the flour and gently mix in the tonic water, it should have a smooth consistency when you’re done.
- Fill each case until about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, once they are cooked, leave them aside to cool
- Make the icing by mixing together the butter, icing sugar and gin until smooth, spread over the cakes once cooled and decorate with a slice of lime
- Keep well out of reach of the little ones and enjoy all to yourself!