Museums and venues across Bath and North East Somerset will host an exciting programme of special events and activities over October half-term for Museums Week (23-31 October 2021).
Organised by Bath & North East Somerset Council’s Heritage Services, Museums Week celebrates the unique collections and activities in our local museums.
Councillor Dine Romero, Cabinet Member for Children and Young People, Communities and Culture, said: “There are Museums Week events happening every day during October half-term, from art and craft sessions to walking trails and vintage train rides. I hope families will enjoy exploring our local museums and taking part in these fun activities over the holidays.”
- Admire Bath Abbey’s stained-glass windows and create your own colourful window or glass jar
- Design an abstract city scene inspired by artist Paul Klee at Victoria Art Gallery
- Take an eerie Halloween bat trail around Prior Park Landscape Garden
- Create your own gruesome Georgian medicine at No.1 Royal Crescent
- Visit the Midsomer Norton Somerset and Dorset Railway museum and ride on the Wickham Trolley
- Make a ‘bootiful’ life-sized boot collage at the Fashion Museum
- Follow the Magnificent Minerva trail around the Roman Baths, learn about the Roman goddess and make an impressive helmet
- Search for hidden creepy creatures in the cemetery at Beckford’s Tower
Adults can enjoy some great events during Museums Week too, including historic film screenings and guided walks around hidden burial grounds.
For full event listings please visit www.bathmuseumsweek.co.uk.
Event dates and times vary – please check the website for details. Advance booking is essential at some venues. Covid-19 safety measures will be in place at all sites.