Julian House is a charity that supports and cares for vulnerable men, women and children. Some have been forced to sleep rough, while others have been forced to flee their homes as a result of domestic abuse. Life can be challenging for the people in their care, especially during this uncertain time. But you can help them make a difference – by making a Garden of Hope and spreading positive messages while having some fun! All you need to do is follow the instructions below, take a picture and upload it to social media tagging @JulianHouseUK and they can share them with those they are caring for!
How to make a Garden of Hope
You will need:
• Toilet rolls
• Cardboard (you can use an old cardboard box)
• Coloured paper
What to do:
1) Paint all your toilet rolls green and leave to dry.
2) Using your templates, draw around your flowers, leaves and flower label.
3) Cut out all your flowers and leaves (you may need to ask an adult to do this!)
4) Using all your lovely paint, pens and coloured paper start decorating your leaves and flowers! The brighter the better!
5) Once your flowers and leaves are dry, glue the leaves to the front and back of your toilet roll.
6) Next either glue your flowers to the front of your toilet roll or using your scissors cut a small slit on either side of the flowers and slot them into your toilet roll.
7) Finally write your message of hope on your flower label! Be strong! Be happy!
Download Your Flower Template here.