Wiltshire Council is launching a new series of dates in its healthy lifestyle programme for children and their families.
Healthy Me offers 10 free weekly sessions run by qualified leaders, featuring information on nutrition and health. The 90-minute get-togethers include lots of fun physical activities and games for all ages, as well as plenty of free resources.
Healthy Me also includes reviews after three, six and 12 months to help families stay on a healthy track. The course is for children aged 7-11 above healthy weight and their families.
Philip Whalley, Wiltshire Council’s portfolio holder for education and skills, said: “Healthy Me is a really enjoyable way to help children and their families think about their fitness. “The council is dedicated to promoting health and wellbeing for all our residents, and these courses are a brilliant way of involving families in that mission. “A healthy county is a happy county.”
Referrals can be made by families themselves or via a healthcare professional.
- Further information at www.wiltshire.gov.uk/leisure-weight-management
- For questions email HealthyMe@wiltshire.gov.uk
September 2018 Healthy Me course start dates:
- Trowbridge: Longfield Community Centre, Mondays 4.15-5.45pm; 17 September
- Chippenham: The Olympiad, Tuesdays 4.15-5.45pm, 18 September
- Salisbury: Five Rivers Health and Wellbeing Centre, Wednesdays 4.30-6pm, 19 September
- Devizes: Devizes Leisure Centre; Thursdays 4.15-5.45pm; 20 September