A magical journey
Water Babies magic has been shared by families across Bristol, Bath and North Somerset since 2003. Our classes are innovative, gentle, dynamic, flexible, bonding and most of all, fun, taking you and your little one on a special journey from first splash to early swimming.
Swimming is a vital life-saving skill. More than that, it helps babies develop strength, co-ordination and social skills, gives special bonding-time and builds healthy exercise habits that your whole family can enjoy.
Why Water Babies?
You can teach your baby to swim, and we’d like to show you how. Our swimming journey takes your baby from early newborn reflexes right up until they’re 4 years old and are able to swim short distances and ready to start learning strokes independently. You’ll learn underwater and surface swimming, water safety, confidence, games and songs in a safe, fun-filled environment.
Joining the same group for 10 week-long chapters, you’ll develop friendships as well as gently progressing swimming skills. Your lessons will be led by an experienced teacher will energy, enthusiasm, patience, knowledge and sparkle, plus the country’s highest swimming teaching qualification and paediatric life-saving.
You’ll also get:
• Flexible lesson times during the week or weekend, daytime or evenings so babies can choose who they bring swimming!
• A keepsake book with stickers and sew-on badges
• The chance to come to an underwater photo shoot
• Treats and money-saving vouchers… and much more!
Come on in
Each Chapter builds on the last, made up of 10 weekly half-hour lessons costing £165. We offer classes across Bristol, Bath and Weston-Super-Mare 7 days a week.
Call 0117 946 6919 to join a class or find out about a free taster and discover the magic for yourself.
WaterBumps classes offer gentle exercise in the water for pre and postnatal ladies, we focus purely on you and your needs. Our classes take on a very holistic approach to pregnancy and focus a lot of our attention on breathing, relaxation and labor techniques which can be used in and out of the water.
Exercise in water is not only good for you, it’s good for your baby too! You don’t need to be a swimmer to take part – just being in water provides a wide range of physical, mental and emotional benefits, including:
• Helps & relieves symptoms of lower back pain, PGP & SPD
• Lets you ‘take the weight off your feet’
• Improves your sleep
• Helps prepare you for labour & birth
• Gives you some rare & precious ‘me-time’
• Helps with your baby’s growth & development
• Strengthens your core, pelvic floor & back
• Helps you regain your fitness levels
• Builds your energy
• Stimulates positive emotions
• Makes you feel like ‘you’ again
• Our teaching qualifications are accredited by the Royal College of Midwives
• We’ll give you the skills & techniques you’ll need before, during and after the birth of your baby
• We’ll tailor what you do to your own changing needs
• Our focus is on strengthening & stretching, and helping with pregnancy conditions, rather than ‘getting fit’
• Our wraparound care is like a big hug for every part of you – physical, mental, social & emotional
• We welcome women at every stage of their pregnancy
We offer all our ladies a prenatal taster class so you can come along and see how we can work with you through your pregnancy. We hold local classes in Henbury, The BRI, Wraxall, Redhill and now Bath
For more information, contact Danielle on 01275 400 800 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org